About Corazon

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cooking With Corazon, Episode III

Fish Tacos With
Mango/Avocado Salsa


My family has always been a taco-loving family. Heck, who on this planet DOESN'T like tacos? They're one to those "staple" meals that almost everyone eats on a fairly regular basis. Well, this week I decided to try a little something different:



I know that the presentation isn't that great, but in fairness, I could have cared less about presentation with these. It was all about taste...and they were a HIT! For my meat I used catfish, which I seasoned with thyme, chili powder, and and some basil.

Pretty simple. The fish, however, was not the hit of this dish...it was all about the SALSA!!! Here's the recipe I used for my mango/avocado salsa:

1 mango: peeled, and diced
2 avocados: peeled and diced
1/2 red onion: finely chopped
1/2 white onion: finely chopped
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
Cilantro leaves: finely chopped
1 bag chopped cabbage
Hot sauce (to your desired preference)
2 limes: juice squeezed into ingredients

**I also added a few mandarin oranges to equal out the hot sauce. My wife is not a big fan of ultra-spicy foods (I am) so if you don't mind the heat, forget the oranges.**

Overall, we really liked this and ate quite a few tacos. A likely keeper for our family!

2 comments:

Zortman Family said...

Look at you Brad! That's awesome that you're finding your "innerchef" and I bet Elizabeth enjoys it too!

Brad Hart said...

Thanks, Ayme! Yes, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I LOOOOVE cooking. Stay tuned. I have some cool stuff coming up!