About Corazon

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cooking With Corazon, Episode I

I have a very embarrassing hobby. I REALLY like to cook. Now, I need to preface this by stating that this shouldn't be interpreted to mean that I am GOOD at cooking. Despite this fact, I still do enjoy it. Even my all-time favorite show on television is Iron Chef America. I only wish that I could be as talented as Bobby Flay, Mario Batali and Masaharu Morimoto. These guys can take average, every day ingredients and make a Picasso out of it!

Anyway, I've decided to post a few of my "greatest hits" here on this blog. Oh, and PLEASE feel free to give any constructive advice.

Last week, I made baked apple salmon, which turned out ok:



Recipe:

1 6oz. portion salmon
1 apple, chopped
1 tsp. dijon mustard
black pepper
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. basil
1 tbls. apple cider vinegar

Fairly simple. I should point out here that the apple cider vinegar was a bit strong. I'd probably use less. Overall, I give it a B-.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Presentation looks good! The apples look a bit like bananas in the picture. Maybe you can come up with a recipe for banana salmon. I am going to try this. I have lots of apples and frozen salmon. The side looks yummy.

Brad Hart said...

Bananas with salmon? An interesting idea!

Barb said...

Wow! Didn't know that about you. You probably could cook better than me.

Brad Hart said...

Thanks, Barb! yeah, it's one of my hobbies. Hopefully one day I can actually do what they do on the Food Network.

Jennerator said...

I now know that you are not all politics. And Richard had never even heard of Iron Chef, let alone Iron Chef America. Don't worry, instead of playing Halo one night, we introduced him.

Brad Hart said...

Good for you! It's only the best show...EVER!!! I have a man crush on Masaharu Morimoto! His stuff is amazing! As is Bobby Flay and Mario Batali.