About Corazon

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cooking With Corazon, Episode XIV

Tilapia (Yakitori Style)
with Onions and Peppers


Tonight I decided to use up the extra fish (tilapia) that has been sitting in my freezer for a couple weeks. Since I really love Japanese food, I thought it would be fun to make it yakitori style:



Not bad, though I admit that my previous yakitori was better. Maybe this is because I am not a huge fan of tilapia. Anyway, here's the recipe:

-2 fillets tilapia
-6 tbs. soy sauce
-4 tbs. mirin
-2 tbs. sugar
-A little honey
-1 green pepper
-1 white onion

Directions:

-Grill tilapia fillets (I used a little thyme and basil as seasoning)
-Mix soy sauce, mirin, sugar and honey and heat until boiling. Mix together and simmer on low.
-Chop onions and peppers and fish to desired size
-Mix peppers, onions and fish with sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
-Skewer and SCARF!

***I also put a little sriracha (the red sauce) on my plate to give it a little "kick."***




No comments: