About Corazon

Monday, November 16, 2009

Cooking With Corazon, Episode XIII

Apple and Avocado
Philly Cheesesteak


Tonight I decided to bring my own twist to one of my all-time favorite things to eat: the Philly Cheesesteak:



Like any traditional cheesesteak, I used thinly sliced steak (sirloin in my case) with onions and cheese (provolone). However, I "spiced" things up a bit by adding grilled apples and some avocado to the mix. It was awesome! Here's the recipe:

- 6 oz. steak
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 granny smith apple (finely chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 slices smoked provolone cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper

Directions:
- Slice steak very thin (the thinner the better)
- Grill steak with onions, minced garlic, salt and pepper
- About halfway through cooking add chopped apples
- Spread avocado over one half of bread
- Spread dijon mustard over the other half of bread
- Add provolone cheese slices to steak and allow to melt a bit
- Place grilled steak, onions, apples and cheese on bread
- SCARF!!!!!

It's awesome. I promise.

No comments: