About Corazon

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Top 5 Movies (so far) of 2010

So maybe it's just me but 2010 feels like an "off year" for movies. There just hasn't been much out there to strike my interest. With that said, there still have been a few movies that have been solid and are worth seeing. Here are my top 5 (thus far) for the year:

#5: Iron Man 2

So I will be the first to admit that I am not a big Iron Man fan but in a year of semi-good movies, I think this one makes the list. It's still worth seeing.

#4: Dinner for Schmucks

Though it's not as good as the previews, "Dinner for Schmucks" is still, in my opinion, the best comedy of the year. Steve Carrel is on his game all the way through. If it wasn't for him, the movie would probably suck.

#3: Toy Story 3

No doubt that this is the best cartoon of the year...and the best Toy Story of the three. Definitely worth your time!

#2: The Book of Eli

I'm a big Denzel fan, and this is one of his best. In a world where people seem to look down more and more on faith and religion, this is a great reminder of the good that religion brings about. Yeah, it's got a lot of violence (which might turn some off) but I still love it.

#1: Inception

There's no doubt here, "Inception" is the best movie of the year. Anyone who says otherwise is either a fool or has terrible taste in movies. Simply amazing. It gets a 6 out of 5 stars. Rarely if ever do I go to a movie twice in the theaters but I did for this one, and would consider a third trip! Yeah, it's that good.

No comments: