About Corazon

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cooking With Corazon, Episode XVI

Carmel Apple
Pork Chop


One of the interesting things I noticed about my wife after marrying her was the fact that she would put applesauce on her pork chops. At first it seemed strange and even a little nasty, but I tried it one day and must admit that it was pretty good. Anyway, I came across the following recipe (which may at first glance seem a little strange) but was actually pretty good:



Here's the recipe:

- 4 pork chops
- 2 apples (sliced)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 tbs. brown sugar
- 4 tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Directions:

- Grill up the pork chops and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan after removing pork.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and add to butter along with apples and cook until soft.
- Once cooked, allow apples to sit aside and thicken up, then serve on top of pork.
-Scarf!!!

Pretty darn good! The only thing I would change is I would use granny smith apples instead of the red ones (a little more tart).

Buen Provecho!

No comments: