About Corazon

Monday, December 7, 2009

Cooking With Corazon, Episode XV

Coronary Breakfast Burrito
with Mango/Avocado Salsa


So I apologize for my brief absence from the cooking blogs. Life just gets busy I guess. With that said, I am proud to bring this newest installment of "Cooking With Corazon" by introducing you all to the CORONARY BREAKFAST BURRITO:



As you can see, the burrito is stuffed with steak, egg, cheese, potato and bacon. Yes, it's not the healthiest choice but sometimes you just gotta say to hell with eating healthy!

I also decided to add a mango/avocado salsa to the burrito, which gave it a very different flavor. Traditionally breakfast burritos are eaten with a tomato-based salsa, which is why I wanted to change it up a bit. Here's a pic of the salsa:



I LOVE this salsa. I've made it before for fish tacos and it was terrific. The citrus flavor creates a very refreshing taste on the palate. Here's the recipe:

-1 mango (chopped)
-2 avocados (chopped)
-1 cup chopped cucumbers and cabbage mix
-1/2 green onion
-1/4 cup green onion
-1/4 cup cilantro
-1 lime (juice squeezed into mix)
-1 tbs. hot sauce

Mix it all together

Good stuff! It was interesting to taste the citrus salsa on a breakfast burrito. Made for a good mix.

No comments: