About Corazon

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cooking with Corazon: Episode XXVIII

Strawberry, Banana
and Chocolate Chip Muffin


So it has been a REALLY LONG time (like 6 months) since my last Cooking with Corazon installment. I am ashamed that I haven't been cooking more, but alas such is life. Despite my slothfulness in the kitchen I am proud to present today's AWESOME dish: strawberry, banana and chocolate chip muffins!!!


I don't have a lot of experience with baking and to be honest, I was a little hesitant to try. With that said, I am very proud of how these muffing turned out. They were delicious. Here is the recipe:

- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.4 tsp. salt
- 10-12 fresh strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli chocolate chips (yes, any chocolate chip will do, I just happen to be partial to Ghirardelli).

Directions:

1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Coat muffin pans with cooking spray.
3.) Beat together the butter and sugar in a bowl until crealy, then add eggs, bananas and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
4.) In separate bowl, mix flower, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Once mixed, add the mixture to the banana/butter mixture. Add diced strawberries and chocolate chips and mix until well combined
5.) Scoop batter into muffin pans and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
6.) Remove and allow to cool.
7.) SCARF!!!

Again, this was an awesome little baking adventure. It even passed the six-year-old test (which is no small achievement in our house). See for yourself:


Buen Provecho!!!

No comments: