About Corazon

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cooking With Corazon: Episode XX

Baked Pork Chop w/ Mango Salsa
and Cold Italian Asparagus


I know, I know. It's been FOREVER since my last installment of "Cooking with Corazon." What can I say...life just happens sometimes. I will try to be more committed to this in the future now that I plan on cooking more for my family. Anyway, here was tonight's dinner:




Here's the recipe:

For the salsa...

-2 Mangos (diced)
-1 Avocado (diced)
-1 Tsp. cilantro (diced)
-2 Tsp. red onion (diced)
-1/2 Roma Tomato (diced)
-1 squirt hot sauce

*Mix ingredients together to make a salsa and refrigerate.*

- Four 1 or 1/2 inch thick pork chops.
- Butterfly pork chops and lightly season with garlic powder, chipotle powder, basil and S & P.
-Seer chops for 1/2 minutes
-fill chops with salsa
-bake at 350 for 1 hour.

And for the asparagus...

- Add asparagus to boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and blanch asparagus.
- Marinade asparagus in Italian dressing and refrigerate.

LOVELY and simple dinner!

Buen Provecho!

No comments: