About Corazon

Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooking With Corazon: **Special Wife Edition**

So I have had a few people ask me if I am the sole chef in our house since it is I who posts meals from time to time on this blog. The answer is NO!!! My wife is actually a really good cook (far better than I) and between the two of us we have a good mix of dinners that grace our table.

Now, for those of you who know my wife Elizabeth, you are aware of the fact that she suffers from Celiac disease. Celiac is a stomach intolerance to gluten, which means that our meals (if they include her) must be free of any and all traces of wheat, barley and rye. In short, Elizabeth is unable to eat any breads, most cereals or anything containing modified food starch. Basically anything that tastes good, she gets the shaft.

To compensate, we usually use gluten free recipes in which we substitute rice flour (or something similar) for wheat flour. And if I am being 100% honest, gluten free food can suck depending on the recipe. Usually the breads, doughs, etc. taste more like chalk than anything resembling wheat. Let's face it, wheat is awesome! Using anything as a substitute just doesn't taste the same. Having said that, I am proud to introduce you all to an AWESOME pizza recipe that Elizabeth makes on a weekly basis at our house. It has become so popular that we have installed a weekly tradition that we call, "Pizza Madness!":


Above is her signature barbecue chicken pizza that is, in all honesty, my all-time favorite pizza EVER! Yeah, it's that good. The recipe will be forthcoming. I plan on adding my own twist to "pizza madness" sometime this week!

Buen Provecho!

No comments: