About Corazon

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cooking with Corazon: Episode XXVII

Baked Salmon w/
Zesty Avocado Sauce


In today's installment in my quest for culinary excellence I decided to make one of my favorite meals: baked salmon. The unique twist in this dish is the sauce. Take a look:

I made a zesty avocado sauce to compliment the salmon. To be honest, it worked really well with the fish. Here's the recipe:

Avocado Sauce:

Ingredients:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 1/2 large limes
- Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:
1.) It's simple. Blend the ingredients in a food processor or blender.

As for the fish, I chose the following seasonings:

- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chipotle powder
- Paprik
- Coriander
- Cumin
- Garlic powder
- Lemon pepper seasoning

I baked the fish in tin foil at 350 for about 45 minutes. I also included a chopped up red onion (I love red onion) to add some extra flavor. Once the fish is done simply remove from the oven and top with the zesty avocado sauce...then SCARF!!!


Oh, I almost forgot. I also incorporated some garlic parmesan zucchini to the menu. This meal was a joy to both eat and prepare. It's simple and full of flavor...and it had the approval of a six and three-year-old!

Buen provecho!

2 comments:

Andreas said...

This looks good and all, but how about some chili?

Anonymous said...

I want to eat at your house! Looks great, can't wait to try it.