About Corazon

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cooking with Corazon: Episode XXVI

Grilled Chicken and
Vegetable Yakitori


Sorry for my brief absence from blogging. Sometimes it is just nice to unplug for a while. Anyway, I thought this might be a good way to get back into the swing of things. Last week I made the following dish:


Asian food (along with Mexican) has always been my favorite, and yakitori is a simple and delicious meal that captures the superiority of Asian cuisine. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- a little bit of honey (to taste)

Directions:
1.) Mix the soy sauce, mirin, sugar and honey and heat until completely mixed.
2.) Marinate chopped chicken breasts (one inch cubes) in sauce along with desired veggies.
3.) Put on bamboo skewers and cook for approx. 15 minutes.
4.) SCARF!!!!

The sweetness of the sugar and the honey really do offset the saltiness of the soy sauce. It was grrrrreat!

旺盛な食欲 A.K.A. "Buen Provecho!"

3 comments:

Andreas said...

Now that looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks increadibly yummy! And the best part, it appears healthy.

Enjoy your cooking and history blogs. I think I'll cook this up tomorrow and educate myself by reading your history postings. They are AMAZING!

Brad Hart said...

Thanks, Andras and Anon.